Tuna & Mango Tacos
This dish delivers heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin C, and fiber.
Ingredients3 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, seeded and chopped with ½ teaspoon sauce reserved
Juice of 1 lemon
½ teaspoon cumin powder, plus ½ (separate) tablespoon
7 ounces 2% Greek yogurt
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
6 scallions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
1 tablespoon chile powder
1 pound sushi-grade tuna steak (1½-inch thick) at room temperature
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 6-inch whole wheat tortillas
Nutrition FactsPer serving: 444 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated), 43 g carbohydrates, 38 g protein, 10 g fiber, 403 mg sodium (18% Daily Value).
Read more Healthy Recipes.
Directions1. Make the dressing: In a food processor combine garlic, chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, lemon juice, and ½ teaspoon cumin powder. Blend to a smooth paste. Add yogurt and pulse until combined. Season with salt and pepper, put in a repurposed condiment “squirt” bottle, and set aside.
2. Make the salsa: In a medium bowl combine mango, scallions, cilantro, orange juice, and salt and pepper. Stir well. Just before serving, gently fold in the avocados.
3. Prepare the tuna: In a mixing bowl, combine ½ tablespoon cumin, chile powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Brush tuna with V tablespoon olive oil and coat with spice mixture. Let stand for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat tortillas one side at a time in a dry skillet over medium heat. Keep tortillas warm in heated oven or skillet until ready to assemble tacos.
5. Lightly brush a skillet with remaining olive oil and heat over high flame. Cook tuna, turning once, 3 minutes per side for medium-rare (or 4½ minutes per side for medium). Remove from heat and slice into ½-inch thick pieces.
6. Arrange slices of tuna over half a tortilla on a plate. Top with 3 generous tablespoons of salsa and squirt or spoon dressing liberally over the salsa. Fold and serve.