Tofu Chocolate Pie
You’ll never know there’s tofu in this delicious chocolate treat.
For the chocolate wafer crust:
61⁄2 ounces chocolate wafer cookies
1 tablespoon sugar
3 ounces unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
For the filling:
13 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1⁄3 cup coffee liqueur
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pound silken tofu, drained
1 tablespoon honey
Serves 8. Per serving: 480 calories, 27 g fat (14.5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 7.5 g protein, 55 g carbohydrates, 3.5 g fiber, 160 mg sodium.
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. To make the crust, spin the cookies and sugar in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Then drizzle in the butter, pulsing to combine. Press this mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom, up the sides and just over the lip of a 9-inch metal pie pan.
3. Bake on the middle rack of the oven until crust is set and appears dry, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely, about 1 hour.
4. To make the filling, place enough water in the bottom of a 4-quart saucepan to fill 1 inch up the sides. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
5. Melt the chocolate chips with the liqueur and vanilla in a medium-sized metal bowl set over the simmering water, stirring often with a rubber spatula.
6. Combine the tofu, chocolate mixture and honey in a blender or food processor and spin until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour the filling into the crust and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until the filling sets firm.