Spinach & Onion Frittata
<strong>Main dish: </strong>Add a salad or oven-roasted potatoes for a filling brunch or dinner. <strong>Leftovers: </strong>Chop up what’s left of the frittata and combine it with scallions, green peas, tamari, and leftover cooked rice for a quick fried-rice dish.
Ingredients2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
4 cups roughly chopped spinach
6 large eggs
¼ teaspoon salt
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Nutrition FactsPer serving: 97 calories, 7 g fat (1.6 g saturated), 3.5 g carbohydrates, 5 g protein, 1 g fi ber, 146 mg sodium (6% Daily Value).
Directions1. Heat 9-inch ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add olive oil and turn pan to coat.
2. Lower heat to medium and add onion. Stir occasionally and cook for approximately 5 to 7 minutes, or until onion is soft and golden brown.
3. Add spinach and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes until spinach has wilted.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs. Stir in salt, pepper, and parsley. Pour egg mixture into skillet on top of the onions and spinach.
5. Cover skillet loosely and cook until the egg is mostly set, about 8 minutes.
6. Place skillet under broiler and continue cooking until egg has completely set and is slightly browned on top. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.