For the fish nuggets:
1 pound boneless cod filets, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 13.5-ounce can (minus ½ cup) light coconut milk
(reserve the ½ cup coconut milk for dipping sauce)
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
2∕3 cup panko bread crumbs
1∕3 cup sesame seeds
2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon ground ginger
For the Ginger Dipping Sauce:
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
½ teaspoon orange zest
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon raw honey
½ cup light coconut milk
1∕3 cup zero percent Greek yogurt
1. For the fish nuggets, put the coconut milk and ginger in a bowl. Add fish; cover and refrigerate for 20 to 60 minutes.
2. While the fish is marinating, make the Ginger Dipping Sauce. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add ginger and cook 2 minutes, stirring regularly. Add next 5 ingredients (orange zest through coconut milk) and simmer until liquid is reduced by about half, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in yogurt until well combined. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 425° F. Place panko and sesame seeds on a baking sheet and toast for 5 minutes. Transfer to a shallow dish; mix in whole-wheat flour and ginger.
4. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray and heat in the oven for 5 minutes. Drain coconut milk from fish, then dredge fish in the panko mixture to coat evenly and place on heated baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pieces of fish. Bake until golden crispy, about 8 minutes, flipping halfway through.
5. Serve with Ginger Dipping Sauce.
Serves 4. Per serving: Fish nuggets (6 to 7 nuggets) 245 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 29 g protein, 14 g carbohydrates, 2.5 g fiber, 125 mg sodium. Ginger Dipping Sauce (1 tablespoon) 30 calories, 1 g fat (.5 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 2 g protein, 3 g carbohydrates, 0 g fiber, 11 mg sodium.