Meatless Monday Recipe: Raw Vegetable Pasta with Tomatoes and Herbs
Try this delicious "pasta" made from strips of summer squash and zucchini tossed with tomatoes, olive oil and fresh basil and oregano for a dish packed with bright flavors.
Forgo meat on Mondays to improve your health.
- 2 zucchini squash, shaved thinly lengthwise with a vegetable peeler
- 2 yellow summer squash, shaved thinly lengthwise with a vegetable peeler
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 5 oil-packed sundried tomatoes, drained and thinly sliced
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped oregano