6 medium-large tomatoes
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 6-ounce box garlic couscous
1/3 cup raisins
1/3 cup crumbled feta
1/4 cup mint leaves, about 24, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice off the stem end of each tomato and set aside. Using a paring knife and a spoon, carefully scoop out the tomato pulp and juices and reserve. Set the tomatoes upside down on paper towels to further drain.
3. Dice tomato pulp into small pieces. Combine pulp, tomato juices, and 1 tablespoon oil in a saucepan and place over medium heat and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes until the pulp loses much of its shape.
4. Turn heat to low, add the spice packet from the box of couscous, and stir until dissolved. Fold in the couscous until well combined. Cover, remove from heat, and let sit 5 minutes.
5. Using a fork to fluff the couscous as you work, fold in raisins, feta, and mint. Place the tomatoes in a baking dish, stuff each with the couscous mixture, and place reserved tops on each. Brush the tomatoes with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and bake until tender with wrinkled skin, but still firm enough to hold their shape, 20 to 30 minutes. Allow tomatoes to cool slightly and serve.
Serves 6. Per serving: 227 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated), 7 g protein, 35 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 392 mg sodium (17% Daily Value).