1 pound Brussels sprouts scored with an “x” on the bottoms
2 cups quinoa, rinsed
1 teaspoon sea salt
1∕4 cup honey
1∕3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 cups dried cranberries (more for garnish)
1 pound radishes
3 tablespoons butter
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 lemon cut into wedges for garnish
1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook Brussels sprouts for about 3 minutes, until tender but still crisp. Drain, quarter and set aside.
2. In a large pot, combine quinoa with 4 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes, until quinoa is tender.
3. Meanwhile, combine honey, lemon juice, zest and cranberries in a skillet.
4. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, add radishes and 1 tablespoon of butter. Cover and cook 5 more minutes, then uncover and cook an additional 5 minutes, until radishes are tender but still crisp and honey-cranberry-lemon mixture turns into a glaze. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. In a skillet, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, then add Brussels sprouts and lightly brown, about 5 minutes. Add radish mixture, toss and cook another 3 minutes.
6. Serve Brussels sprouts mixture over quinoa, garnishing with slices of lemon and dried cranberries.
Serves 8. Per serving 354 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated), 8 g protein, 68 g carbohydrates, 7 g fiber, 266 mg sodium.