Insalata di Burrata
This variation of caprese salad was created by chef Mark Mollica of La Vecchia Cucina is Santa Monica, Calif., and inspired by his time in Naples.
Ingredients½ each Fresh red, yellow and green heirloom tomatoes
4 oz Fresh burrata cheese
2 each Thin slices of prosciuitto (San Daniele or Parna)
3 each Fresh basil
2 oz Extra virgin olive oil
1 oz Aged balsamic vinegar
1 pinch Sea salt
Directions· Place the slices of prosciutto in the middle of the plate overlapping each other.
· Slice each half heirloom tomato ¼ inch thick; place each slice on top of prosciutto, then on top of each other, varying in color, until full circle is formed.
· Season tomatoes with the sea salt.
· Place the basil leaves in the middle of the circle of tomatoes.
· Top with the burrata cheese.
· Drizzle the olive oil around the tomatoes and cheese, then drizzle balsamic in the oil.