Grilled Curried Cauliflower Kebabs
Cauliflower and bell peppers are sturdy enough to stay on a kebab without too much flopping or turning. Thread the skewers through the stem of each cauliflower floret and use tongs to turn the skewers as they cook. Don't skip the lime wedges; the lime juice pulls all the flavors together.
Ingredients6 wooden kebab skewers
1 head cauliflower, cored and separated into 2-inch florets
½ cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon curry powder
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 red onion, sliced in half and separated into single layers
2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 2- to 3-inch squares
Lime wedges, to serve
Nutrition FactsPer serving: 49 calories, 0.35 g fat (0.12 g saturated), 11 g carbohydrates, 2 g protein, 3 g fiber, 127 mg sodium (5% Daily Value).
Read more Healthy Recipes.
Soak 6 wooden skewers in cool
water 1 hour prior to grilling.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower to boiling water and cook for 3 minutes. Strain cauliflower in a colander and immediately plunge into ice water to prevent further cooking and to keep cauliflower crisp. Once cool, drain and pat dry.
- Prepare a medium fire in the grill.
- To make sauce, mix buttermilk, cilantro, and curry powder in a small bowl, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Alternately skewer cauliflower florets, onion, and bell pepper on the soaked wooden skewers. Brush with sauce.
- Place skewers directly on grill. Slip a piece of aluminum foil under exposed ends of the skewers to prevent burning. Grill kebabs, basting with sauce and turning occasionally for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables are lightly browned. Serve hot, with lime wedges on the side.