Goat Cheese Quesadillas
These appetizers are perfect with a cold beer or a glass of chilled white wine. You can also serve them as lunch along with a green salad.
Ingredients1 red bell pepper, halved and seeded
1 jalapeño, halved and seeded
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed (or substitute nonstick cooking spray)
6 10-inch flour tortillas
6 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
3 tablespoons salsa
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Nutrition FactsPer serving: 352 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated), 39 g carbohydrates, 11 g protein, 3 g fiber, 623 mg sodium (26% Daily Value).
Read more Healthy Recipes.
Prepare a medium fire in the grill.
- Brush bell pepper and jalapeño with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Grill bell pepper and jalapeño until tender and lightly charred, about 7 minutes, turning as needed. Remove to a cutting board and chop finely.
- Cool grill to low by spreading out coals or reducing the flame.
- Very lightly coat one side of 3 tortillas with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray. Place tortillas, coated side down, on a work surface. On each tortilla, spread 2 ounces of goat cheese, followed by 1/3 of the chopped vegetables and 1 tablespoon each of salsa and cilantro. Place another tortilla on top of each and press together firmly. Very lightly brush the top tortillas with olive oil or mist with nonstick spray.
- Grill each quesadilla until cheese is melted and tortilla is lightly toasted, about 4 minutes. Flip and grill on the other side for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from grill and keep warm.
- Cut warm quesadillas into wedges. Serve at once.