Giant Oatmeal Cherry Cookies
Ingredients2½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup butter, softened
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup dried cherries
Nutrition FactsPer serving: 250 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated), 39 g carbohydrates, 4 g protein, 3 g fiber, 221 mg sodium (9% Daily Value).
Read more Healthy Recipes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place one oven rack in upper third and one in lower third of oven; coat 2 large rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla until just combined.
- With mixer on low, add flour mixture until just combined, stopping to scrape sides with spatula once or twice. Beat in cherries.
- Drop six ¼-cupfuls of dough onto each baking sheet. Press each cookie down to form circles 2½ inches in diameter and slightly thicker than ¼ inch. Make sure cookies are 2 inches apart on sheets. For chewier cookies, bake rotating pans once, 18-20 minutes, or until cookies are lightly golden; for crispier cookies, cook 20-22 minutes.
- Cool on sheets 5 minutes, then transfer cookies to wire rack and cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.