Couscous with Apricots & Pistachios
When you've got whole grain
couscous, dried apricots, and
pistachios stored properly
in your pantry, this Middle
Eastern-flavored dish can be
prepared in minutes.
Ingredients1 cup raw, unsalted pistachio meats, chopped
2 cups whole wheat couscous
½ cup dried apricots, chopped
2½ cups water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
¼ cup chopped parsley
Nutrition FactsPer serving: 326 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated), 43 g carbohydrates, 10 g protein, 8 g fiber, 390 mg sodium (17% Daily Value).
Read more Healthy Recipes.
- Toast pistachios over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes; set aside in a small bowl.
- In the same pan, toast couscous until it just begins to brown, 3 to 4 minutes; place in large bowl. Add apricots to bowl.
- Combine water, olive oil, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Pour water mixture into bowl with couscous and apricots. Cover securely with a plate and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a large fork. Gently mix in reserved pistachios, lemon juice, and parsley. Serve warm or cold.