1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in half
1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
12 cups mixed greens, (baby greens, spinach, arugula, romaine, etc.), rinsed and dried
1 cup fresh cranberry beans or cooked white navy beans
2 large carrots, ribboned
1½ cups raw broccoli florets
2 cups chopped red bell peppers
1 cup freshly shucked corn (about 2 ears)
1 cup sugar snap peas, blanched, shocked, and cut in half on the bias
1 cup chopped tomato (1 large or 2 medium tomatoes)
8 large strawberries, halved
4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- To make dressing: Puree 1 cup strawberries in blender, then strain through fine sieve, reserving liquid. This should yield ½ cup strawberry juice.
- Place strawberry juice, vinegar, and olive oil in blender and blend. Refrigerate dressing until ready to use.
- Place greens, beans, and cut veggies in large salad bowl.
- Add dressing and toss until vegetables are evenly coated.
- Divide salad among 4 plates and top each with 1 ounce crumbled feta and 4 strawberry halves.
Read more Healthy Recipes.