Bakeless Apple Tart
The freshness and flavor of its uncooked ingredients are what make this alternative to traditional apple pie so delicious.
- 2 cups walnuts, plus more for garnish
- 1½ cups dates, pitted
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into ¼-inch wedges
- 1 cup raisins
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Per serving: 342 calories, 17 g fat (1.5 g saturated), 51 g carbohydrates, 5 g protein, 5.6 g fiber, 3 mg sodium (<1% Daily Value).
- In a food processor, puree 2 cups walnuts into a fine powder and transfer to a large bowl; then finely chop dates and transfer to the same bowl. Knead walnut powder and chopped dates into a dough, press dough into a 9-inch pie plate, and refrigerate overnight.
- In a large bowl, mix apple wedges, raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice and refrigerate overnight.
- The following day, spoon apple filling into pie crust, arranging six apple wedges decoratively on top, and garnish with additional cinnamon and chopped walnuts.