Baby Spinach Salad with Tahini Dressing
Pack this energizing salad for a lunchtime mood boost!
- ½ avocado
- 1 small carrot
- 4 cups packed baby spinach
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup dried bing cherries, roughly chopped
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon umeboshi vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup, plus 2 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Nutrition Facts302 calories, 24 g fat, (3 g saturated), 19 g carbohydrates, 7 g protein, 6 g fiber, 648 mg sodium (29% Daily Value).
Read more Healthy Recipes.
- Slice avocado into thin strips, approximately 2" long. Cut carrot into thin rounds.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, walnuts, sunflower seeds, beans, and cherries in bowl. Toss to mix. Add avocado, carrots, and black pepper.
- To make dressing, combine tahini, the vinegars, water, olive oil, mustard, and garlic in a blender. Pulse to combine. Scrape down sides and pulse again.
- Just before serving, add dressing and toss to combine. (Note: only add dressing right before you are going to eat the salad since it will wilt the spinach over time.)