Asian Chicken Salad
2 whole chicken breasts
1 tablespoon canola oil
6 cups napa cabbage, chiffonade
4 green onions, chopped
1 large carrot, julienned
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1 bunch cilantro or parsley, chopped
¼ cup toasted, unsalted cashew halves, chopped
1/3 cup sushi or seasoned rice wine vinegar
1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
¼ cup low-sodium tamari
2 teaspoons honey
1/8 cup toasted sesame oil
½ tablespoon freshly grated ginger
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Nutrition FactsPer serving: 351 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated), 21 g carbohydrates, 31 g protein, 4 g fiber, 540 mg sodium (23% Daily Value).
Read more Healthy Recipes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly brush chicken breasts with canola oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make dressing: Whisk together rice wine vinegar, orange juice, tamari, and honey. Once combined, add sesame oil in a thin stream, while continuing to whisk. Stir in grated ginger and red pepper flakes. Refrigerate dressing until ready to add to salad.
- When chicken is ready, remove from oven and allow to cool, about 15 minutes. Remove skin and shred chicken.
- Place cabbage in large salad bowl. Add vegetables, cilantro or parsley, nuts, and chicken.
- Add dressing and toss until ingredients are evenly coated.