Claudia Keel’s Recipes
Stinging Nettle Soup
The gelatin in the broth makes the nutrients even more bioavailable. And the Ume Plum vinegar is my secret ingredient, brightening the flavor. This recipe can be easily adapted for other green soups too.
1lb fresh nettle leaves
Butter for sautéing
3 qts. Chicken Bone broth (see recipe in “Winter Healing Remedies”) or vegetable broth
2 lbs mix of potatoes, celeriac and/or parsnip
Touch of nutmeg
¼ cup Ume Plum vinegar
Optional: 1 cup raw sour cream, crème fraiche or cream
1. Saute nettles, diced onions, potatoes, parsnip & celeriac with salt until slightly soft.
2. Add broth; simmer until all is very soft for 30-45 minutes.
3. Puree soup with immersion blender.
4. Add freshly grated nutmeg and ume plum vinegar.
5. Add salt & pepper to taste.
6. Serve with a dollop of cultured sour cream, yogurt or swirl of raw cream.