1. Instead of buying an Easter basket, spray paint an old one you have around the house with Krylon H2O Low VOC latex paint (www.krylon.com).
2. Line your basket with colorful homespun “grass” by shredding old newspaper or magazines. (Back issues of Natural Health Magazine make great grass unless you can’t bear to part with them!)
3. Inspire a young gardener with a Potting Shed Peter Rabbit Pail. Kit includes leak-resistant recycled steel pail, name tag sticker, organic wheat seeds, organic growing medium, organic coco chips and directions (www.bambeco.com).
4. Put on an Easter puppet show with 100% certified organic cotton Bunny Picnic Pal Finger Puppets from Apple Park (www.applepark.com).
5. What’s an Easter basket without jelly beans? Choose quality over quantity. Fill your baskets with Surf Sweets Organic Jelly Beans in tropical punch, lemonade, mixed berry, pineapple, tangerine and watermelon flavors (http://surfsweets.com).
6. Bubbles anyone? Double your fun with California Baby I Love You Aromatherapy Bubble Bath. Pour some into the tub, then use the bubble wand to blow some bubbles. The non-drying and biodegradable formula doesn’t contain sodium lauryl sulfate or DEA. A portion of the proceeds are donated to Breast Cancer Research Program (www.californiababy.com).
7. Eat a rainbow: Eden Foods vegetable alphabet pasta contains a colorful confetti of letters and numbers made from beets spinach, carrots, and golden grain. All organically grown (www.edenfoods.com).
8. What‘s a holiday without chocolate? Give a gift to protect Africa’s wildlife. For $29.99, ChocolateBar.com will make a $15 donation to the African Wildlife Foundation, and your recipient will receive a one-year AWF e-membership, an AWF plush stuffed giraffe, and three Endangered Species All-Natural Chocolate Bars. Sourced from ethically traded cacao farms ensuring fair trade, responsible labor practices and sustainable farming (www.chocolatebar.com).
9. For the gluten sensitive… Gluten Free Ice Cream Cones from Edwards and Sons. Top your cone with their Organic Confetti Sprinkelz for extra fun (www.edwardandsons.com).
10. How about a toothbrush to clean up after all those sweets? Give a Jr. Preserve Toothbrush and every three months a new toothbrush will be delivered. Each subscription order includes four toothbrushes (www.Preserveproducts.com).
Bunny image via Shutterstock