To perfect your pout, look at the inside of your lower lip for a hint on the color to pick. Generally, pink and peach work well if you’re on the paler side; yellow-toned nudes are best for medium skin tones; and beiges, caramels and earth tones are ideal on darker skin. If you’ve been stuck in the rut of applying lip liner then lipstick, it’s time for a 180-degree turn: First apply your color, then a light touch of liner. “This banishes the line-around-thelip look,” says Lucero, “and helps the color last.” For more shine, use clear gloss or cream lipstick in a shade close to your lips. Or, try tinted lip balms, which are über-moisturizing.
1. Jouer Hydrating Lipstick in Monique ($22; jouercosmetics.com) uses moisturizing cupuaçu butter.
2. Clark’s Botanicals Ultra Rich Lip Tint in Alexandra Rose ($19; clarksbotanicals.com) feels like a lip balm and gives an ultra-flattering pop of color.
3. tarte LipSurgence Natural lip luster in Glisten ($24; sephora.com) hydrates well, lasts all day and is infused with pick-me-up peppermint.
4. Aubrey Organics Natural Lips Sheer Tint in Sheer Pink ($8; aubrey-organics.com) is hand mixed for a subtle shine.
5. Bare Escentuals 100% Natural Lipliner in Natural ($11; bareescentuals.com) contains no preservatives, artificial dyes or parabens.