Soothe and smooth your skin (we’re looking at you, knees and elbows!).
SOAK IT IN
1. Fill the tub with warm-to-hot water and add sea salts or aromatherapeutic essential oils.
2. Try a product containing seaweed, which has a high mineral content and helps the body rid itself of toxins.
Product picks: (a) Wildly Natural Seaweed Powder Bath With Hawaiian Kukui Oil ($25; seaweedbathco.com) contains organic wild seaweed. (b) Elemis Exotic Frangipani Monoi Moisture Melt ($50; timetospa.com) is made with Tahitian oils containing aromatherapeutic properties.
EXFOLIATE AND GLOW
1. Rub skin with a dry body brush or loofah. “Use circular motions from your feet upward before getting in the shower,” says Weinberg.
2. Scrub all over with a product that is slightly more abrasive than the exfoliator you use on your face.
3. Thoroughly moisturize the newly exposed layer of skin.
Product picks: (c) LEVEL Naturals Grapefruit Bergamot Body Polish ($18; levelnaturals.com) refreshes and exfoliates skin with a blend of essential oils and raw turbinado sugar. (d) St. Ives Naturally Smooth Body Lotion with AHA complex ($5; drugstore .com) gently exfoliates as it moisturizes.
The right touch
Yes, you can massage away your own aches and pains.
1. Start at your head: “Press your pointer and middle fingers to your temples, take a breath in and, while rubbing in small circles with even pressure, breathe out,” says licensed massage therapist Stephanie Whittier, creator of the T Spheres Aromatherapy Massage Balls.
2. Move to your shoulders, and use the opposite hand to reach across your chest and gently squeeze the trapezius muscle (the meaty area between the neck and shoulder).
3. “Rub your hand counterclockwise over your abdomen—this is the same direction your digestive system works—while taking deep breaths to stimulate blood flow to the intestinal wall,” says Whittier.
Product picks: (e) T Spheres Aromatherapy-Infused Massage Balls ($20 to $35; tspheres.com) can be rolled over any part of the body to relieve stress. (f) L’Occitane Body and Massage Gel ($35; usa.loccitane .com) boasts a soothing lavender scent.